Tell me if you do this too…. when your alarm is set to whatever time, do you wake up before it anyway? My husband and I had to be up extra early the other morning so I could take him to the airport, and he wanted to know if he should set the alarm on his phone too, or would I wake up without it?
I keep my phone plugged in in the bathroom at night, with the door closed, and the alarm plays my favorite classical piece of music very quietly – Debussy’s Claire de Lune, so it never wakes him up. But my alarm – the Gentle Alarm app – also plays a “pre-alarm,” which goes off 1/2 hour before the “alarm alarm” in order to get the body ready in another 30 minutes. I have the ultra-soft and ultra-quiet Trois Gymnopédies playing as the pre-alarm (I kind of have a thing for French composers…), so it’s a wonder I ever wake up.
Except… I always wake up before the alarm(s) go off. Even at the incredibly early hour of 4:30 a.m. when the pre-alarm went off, I had already been awake for 1/2 hour. And I was so busy thinking through the day as I tried to fall asleep the night before, I’m pretty sure I only got 4 hours of sleep.
So why does my body wake me up so early even when it needs the sleep??? Does this only happen to me? Please tell me I’m not the only one with an extra early pre-alarm internal body clock?
- Speaking of sleep, a British study says that if you don’t get enough sleep after the age of 40, you could be risking early death. Great, now I’m really out of luck.
- Stand up straight, People! – the benefits of good posture
- Peaches & Crema paletas
- If you ask me, kitchen islands are one of the best things to happen to kitchens in the past few decades
- Hmmmmm…. in 2017 the Dodd/Frank bill will make everyone’s salary public
- You never know when you’re going to need this – how to escape from quicksand
- What you shouldn’t put in a dishwasher
- 26 healthy habits that may not be so healthy after all
- Because I’m a visual person, I like the idea of a vision board to reach my goals
- Honey Cashew buns, and how to substitute honey for sugar
- People fascinate me. This guy is traveling to, finding, and photographing himself in famous movie locations
- All the world’s languages
- MIT scientists find the common link in all languages
- It’s good to rest and relax, but admit it, it’s also good to work
- Genius kitchen hacks
- Peel your tomatoes and turn the skin into tomato salt
- I can vouch for this one… long distance runners think about… how hard the run is
- Airbnb has more than 50,000 listings in Paris and hotels don’t know how to compete
- The difference between “ordinary” people and successful people
- Tomato and mozzarella salad with orange oil
- How pursuing a quest can bring purpose to your life
- Great gift idea – sew a customized dog collar
- Temptation bundling to help you overcome things you want to put off
- Start your day with 6 simple prayers
- 15 car cleaning hacks
- Love these positive free printables
Have a blessed week!