I realized something the other day: When I say “yes” to some things, I’m being selfish. I’m not talking about wanting to eat another cookie “yes,” or buying myself a pair of shoes “yes,” although those are pretty selfish, but the kind of “yes” that […]
Month: June 2017
Is summer almost here? It feels like it, at least, where we live! I’m one of those people that keeps my windows open until it feels like I’m a chocolate chip cookie getting all gooey in the oven. With temperatures well above average here, let’s just say I’ve had chocolate chip cookies on my mind a lot, especially because I’ve given up sugar for the month. First, gluten, now sugar!
(Honestly, until you don’t eat sugar, you don’t know how many things have sugar in them! Salad dressing, lunch meat, bacon, condiments, pretty much every prepared food. It’s really hard to eat things that don’t have sugar!)
I still have a long way to go to get this site updated, and I think that’s interfered with me actually blogging, so I’m sorry that what you get is another Monday link post – yet again – but it’s the best I can do for now… Enjoy!
- Tumeric lattes are so old news… charcoal lattes are the next big thing
- I want to keep my brain young, so I’m learning French right now… and it can be done as an adult
- Sweden just listed itself on AirBnB
- Homemade brownie thins because everyone needs brownies in their life, especially me, after the month is up!
- If you’re an empath (you “absorb” the feelings of those around you) these are some protection strategies
- This man puts Simpsons pictures into everyday objects and it’s brilliant
- NASA releases the closest video of Saturn yet,
- I made this Cowboy Butter and splashed it all over roasted veggies, and boy, is it good!
- Blueberry energy bites… because there’s no processed sugar and they do taste delicious
- The Barefoot Contessa eats one of my favorite things for breakfast every single day
- 11 design tips for your home
- Best summer reads of 2017
- I’m vindicated!!! Talking out loud to yourself boosts your brain power
- How to enjoy your garden more this summer (for me it would be all about the outdoor shower!)
- artichoke and feta tart
- Anne Voskamp nails it again… a letter for all the hard days
- 25 decorating mistakes and their fixes
- I need these butterscotch pudding pops!!!
- How to minimize and downsize your home if not everything you own “sparks joy.”
- Avocado pickles? This is intriguing…
- 20 jokes for grammar nerds
- Best-reviewed exercise leggings on Amazon
- Just why do Americans smile so much?
- The difference between a $500 camera and a $5000