Usually, I’m healthy unless my body gets too run down, and this week, it happened. Lack of sleep, change to my schedule, not eating, and so my body rebelled by forcing me to rest. Say it:
Rest is good.
Rest is very good, especially at this time of year when we tend to take on anything and everything that comes our way. “Tis the season of festivities and all that. So all things considered, I’m glad my body clamored for a little rest this past weekend instead of the week before Christmas. It was much-needed and comforting to sit down and plow through my unwieldy stack of magazines. (You know how other people complain about having laundry that never seems to go away? I tend to get overwhelmed by my magazines. Love them, I do, but fear them as well!
Still, I did find many things that caught my attention, and as always, here are a few of them to make your Mondays a little bit better:
- At last! Why NOT raking your leaves is better for your lawn.
- Rethink your to-do list
- Why traditional worship music matters
- 22 travel hacks for the holiday season
- creeping thyme instead of grass – beautiful!
- I wish I had seen this when I decorated our schoolroom all those years ago – coloring page wallpaper
- If you’re a Pride & Prejudice fanatic (like me), you can BUY PEMBERLY!!!
- Horrors! The world is running out of chocolate!
- Your cuteness awwwww factor for the day
- Before we run out, try this – I made a peppermint bark cheesecake last year and it was amazeballs!
- how to keep your packages safe this holiday season
- You have to see this $2M swimming pool is crazy fabulous
- 5 mistakes you’re making when you wash your jeans
- tattoo artist turned monk
- homeless man plays piano beautifully
- Brilliant! Art masterpieces made into selfies
- gingerbread oatmeal
- what C.S. Lewis says about true friendship
- 44 beauty hacks
- Tears…. best Thanksgiving military homecoming surprises
- Etsy is my favorite online shopping destination, well, except for Amazon. Incredibly lovely personalized bracelet as a gift idea
- man’s best friend might really be good for your heart
- why rivers curve
- The Rebelution Harris brothers are still doing hard things
- moments in history photos you might not have seen
- My favorite Starbucks treat is a salted caramel mocha. Now in cupcake form!
- Science proves it’s better to dry your hands with paper towels instead of a dryer
- 5 honeys known for healing power
- 5 kinds of procrastinators
- Support the troops this holiday season: Holiday Mail for Heroes, Adopt a US Soldier,, Send Santa to the Troops, and Any Soldier
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!