I think I’ve been dreading this week for almost as long as I’ve been a mother. The day my last baby leaves the house and sets off on the beginning of a life independent of us, well… it’s finally upon me. My youngest sails off on an adventure that is a dream, and I’m happy – thrilled, really – for her, but at the same time, no matter how much I love my husband, and am looking forward to just being “us” again, this is difficult for a mom who has made a life’s work of being a mom. Hard to realize that it’s here, and it’s happening the week before Christmas.
Sigh… I do know of another mom at our church who is in the same situation this very week, except, her baby – a son – is leaving for Marine boot camp. All things considered, I’m counting my blessings for our daughter’s situation, which is not anywhere close to boot camp!
Ah… despite all the craziness of getting things ready for her departure, I have found a few things to share with you this week. Be blessed!
- These grandparents went above and beyond – Christmas treehouse
- The difference between sympathy and empathy, and why empathy is best
- The author has pretty much the same food philosophy as me, but here’s why she stopped drinking milk alternatives
- Important – don’t let your emotions dictate your faith
- Cooking science behind making domed muffin tops
- 51 Beautiful sentences in literature – 16, 34 and 37 are my favorites
- Hotel Christmas decorations
- 6 different buttercream frostings
- Sony Photography award winners – stunning photos
- Time capsule unearthed from Paul Revere and Samuel Adams!
- Homemade Cheddar Rosemary crackers
- Clouds fill up the Grand Canyon
- Make sure to be sensitive to others’ situations when you send your Christmas greetings
- Mannequins made and displayed (of people with disabilities) – so touching
- 7 food trends for 2015
- Healthy alternatives to the flu shot
- SO clever… man photographs birds on telephone wires and turns it into music
- Genius method to wrap a present
- Good for a laugh – animals destroy Christmas
- Not everyone finds the holidays so merry
- Are you a highly sensitive person? Take this quiz to find out
- Smart cup – how does it know???