Do you ever feel like your brain is disappearing? And yes, TW, I’m sure you’ve definitely felt that! 😉 I got up extra early and spent most of the morning getting a package ready to send to my son overseas for his birthday. Even though I don’t know if it will last without getting moldy before it arrives, I nonetheless made him a mini version of his favorite birthday cake – Jimmy Carter Peanut Butter Cake – in the wee hours of the morning so I could get it in the mail first thing today. It normally takes 7 to 8 days for mail to arrive there, so I thought that if I was at the Post Office when it opened, he’d definitely have it by his birthday next Tuesday.
Except… I realized it’s Martin Luther King, Jr Day, and there is no mail today.
I could kick myself for my stupidity, honestly. I mean, I knew it was a holiday today; I even have plans to Skype my son overseas since he has today off as well. But why my brain didn’t register that when I got up at 4:30? Or at 6:30 when I was online reading about Oprah marching in Alabama over the weekend in honor of MLK Day?
My only excuse is that some days there are just too many thoughts swirling around in my brain for everything to fit. I’m often so busy planning for C, D and E, that I become short-sighted and lose track of A & B. Um, sure, that’s absolutely my excuse.
Either that, or the wafting aroma of a chocolate cake baking so early overwhelmed all my other faculties so much so that I just couldn’t focus.
Or maybe it’s just both. Yeah, that’s the ticket.
Here are your Monday links:
- The next computer Y2K could be caused by a leap second
- Organized houses just make life so much easier… LOVE this idea for a bathroom
- The best way to mince garlic for how and what you’re cooking
- If you’re like me, your crockpot works long hours each winter. 52 Slow Cooker recipes
- How to adapt a recipe to your crockpot
- This office organization & design site brings out the geeky 9 year old school kid in me
- Subscription boxes are all the rage now. This one comes quarterly and is curated by experts in their field
- My daughter got this “green” subscription box for me last Christmas and I love it!
- If only I had seen this when my kids were small and the trim-work was always dirty – black trim
- A couple cooks cuisine from every United Nations member nation
- Why you can never get your home-cooked meal to taste like what they make in restaurants
- This easy fruit mousse reminds me of the Jello & Cool Whip desserts I used to make in 4th grade, only… better
- Kitchen products of the future – some of these look amazing!
- My daughter is obsessed with corgis. This video makes me laugh every time
- Although I was (sort of) rooting for Seattle in the NFC playoff, I kind of have a soft spot for Green Bay because of this
- Gwyneth says you can get your waist back – even after you’ve had kids
- 25 best wedding photos of 2014
- How Hollywood is unwittingly promoting Christianity
- Real women working out – love this!
- Turn a bookcase into closet storage
- If I ever have a house redo, I think radiant heat might be worth looking into
- Because oatmeal raisin cookie baked oatmeal for breakfast sounds like the best idea EVER
- It’s time to start your seedlings! Color me happy.
- Every single one of these cooking charts is valuable
- Lengthy read on how homeschooling has changed through the years, for better and for worse
- I always thought that just looking at cold made me cold; now it’s science
- I want to be this kind of senior citizen! Well… maybe not the pole dancer…
- Are you a visual thinker?
- Microwave a chocolate chip cookie for one
- Triggers of auto-immune diseases
- Daily tumeric is good for you!
- 7 ways to add it to your diet