Did the Daylight Saving Time thing mess you up? I was okay until about 3:30 Sunday afternoon. Then it hit me. I couldn’t wait for it to get dark so I could get into bed. This despite the fact that it was sunny and Spring-like yesterday. Oh Spring! How ready I am for you to arrive! Once I see Girl Scouts selling their cookies outside Target and Home Depot, and I walk around my house and see little green shoots emerging from their sleep, I know it’s only a matter of days.
Why is it that when it’s nasty weather and mud is tracked everywhere, you kind of hate it, but when the weather is warm enough, you can’t wait to get your hands dirty?
There’s something so perfect about being outdoors in the sunshine again after such long cold gray days, just like there’s something fantastic about hunkering down inside next to the fire after too many days of hot muggy dusty days?
And why do we always want the greener grass? Or what we don’t have? Poor God, how He must just shake His head at our fickle nature, always wanting the opposite of what’s been given to us! I get it that we need to appreciate the here and now, but wow, it’s hard to do in practice when weather, relationships, finances, health, work, etc… become monotonous and burdensome day to day. Maybe it’s just my nature, but give me vanilla for too many days and I then want chocolate. And after too many days of chocolate, vanilla seems more refreshing. I tell you, it’s a good thing God knows and still loves me despite my changeable nature. I think He has to be unchangeable, immutable, and constant because we’re not!
Anyway, here are some of the things that caught my attention this week:
- Baby weasel flies with a woodpecker
- Sweetest daddy daughter duet
- 9 ways running is good for your body
- 20 minute Thai style fish in a bag
- 50 healthiest foods of all time – with recipes!
- I’m not a pudding/custard person, but I do love creme brulees – Caramelized Honey Creme Brulee
- This commercial is hilarious – most un-flustered actors ever
- One of the best proposals EVER
- There are actually different kinds of extroverts
- This piece of trivia just shatters my happy shiny bubble about Disney World
- It took scientists to discover that processed food is unhealthy? But now we know why…
- We’ll have self-driving cars by next year
- Parenting means you’re going to have to fight some battles… and demons
- Buy your cell phone instead of holding a contract with a carrier
- Calvin & Hobbes, you’re still missed
- Stop eating 3 squares a day
- Tips for shopping at Target
- What parenting REALLY looks like – it’s just missing the picture of our bathroom with lipstick “art” done by one of our sons at 20 months! 😉
- This recipe is your weekly calorie allotment in one slice
- Forget global warming, or climate change or whatever… why China might be causing these dreadful winters
- The problem with assumptions
- Why you should install a signal encryption app on your phone
- Mark Cuban discussed the higher education bubble
- Apple cheddar scones, because apple pie with a slice of cheddar is what I grew up eating and it’s fantastic, so these must be too 🙂
- DIY laundry pedestal
- Totally geeky kitchen gadgets
- In case you need more words – synonyms for 96 of the most commonly used English words
- If you don’t want them straight from the box – 16 recipes to use your Girl Scout Samoas