Life is like a garden, you never know what you’re going to get! I love my little old man tomato, and the family that came before him (one of his uncles had a big chin!) It is fun to go out and see each day’s offerings and sometimes pick oddly shaped vegetables from our garden. Even if my garden doesn’t have something, 9 times out of 10 I can just drive down the road and someone will have their pickup truck pulled over on the side with an overabundance of something their garden produced.
Having a garden is so tricky, at least for me. Like photography and having to figure out the difference with ISO’s, aperatures, etc… to get the proper light for a photo, gardening varies so much because of the weather. This year, we’ve had a lot of both rain and sunshine, yet I’m still struggling with growing some things like my tomatoes. Tomato seasons seem to either be feast or famine, but this year, I have an abundance of them; they just don’t seem to grow to their normal size, or if they do, look like Grandpa Beefsteak above.
Have a great week – here are your links:
- How chicken nuggets came to be a thing
- DIY bug repellent spray
- How successful people maximize their time
- If I were a piano player, I’d want to play around the world like this
- Although this baptism in Iraq was done a few years ago, it’s just beautiful and courageous
- Going to have to try these healthy brownies
- Interesting article about the science of the mind-set of liberals and conservatives
- Why some people always seem to know a lot
- Sweet and tangy blueberry mousse – looks decadent and light at the same time
- I LOVED this former atheist’s testimony
- And this: Why so many atheists are now turning to Christ
- When you want to find hidden graces in dark places
- How those piano lessons (or any music lessons as kid) helped you
- Scientists create healthy “bacon” out of seaweed
- I’m not a big fried chicken person, but Jewish fried chicken??? I might have to try that!
- Raspberry lemonade tartlets
- Why lonely people tend to stay lonely
- Impressionist painter Caillebotte finally gets his due
- Next house – “hidden” paper towel holder
- What if we changed the way we looked at time?
- Dairy-free toasted coconut blueberry ice cream
- Optical illusions
- 4 great tips for budget photography