What a BE YOO TI FUL weekend here! Blue skies, cool breezes… what’s not to love? We even had a blue moon that the clouds didn’t cover! And… we got to babysit our in-law’s cows and chickens for the weekend. Which I love. They’re so cute and they moo and they lick you, and if the weather’s nice like it was, run alongside on the other side of the fence as you walk by. Yeah, they don’t exactly smell fabulous, but I can live with it for the short time we’re there feeding and watering them. See how fascinated they are by me? No, they’re thinking “crazy human, you’re not shoveling me corn at me like you should be.”
“You should be giving me feed and patting my rump instead of holding that strange black box by my face.”
Yes, I swear that’s what they’re thinking. How I know this, I can’t tell you, but I do. Can’t you see it in their faces?
Although further away in a different field, their cow cousins have the exact. same. expressions on their faces, so I know they were thinking the same thing.
Yep, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it…
Aside from cow sitting, this weekend saw me close to throwing my computer across the room in frustration. For some reason, all my pictures showed up as black squares on the thumbnails in the download file, so consider it a miracle really that you’re able to see these cows. I literally just said “eeny meeny miny mo” and picked a black picture then stuck it in this post. It works fine in the post, but not in my computer, so if anyone out there has Geek Squad experience, send some wisdom my way.
Enjoy the Monday links!
- Choosing the right neutral paint colors for your home
- Bugs Bunny… still going strong at 75
- Over 2 dozen homemade coffee creamers
- Alien skull discovered?
- 16 words we need in English
- THIS grilled cheese sandwich
- FREE grown-up coloring app for your phone! Love this!
- I make something like this plum upside-down cake, except I add 2/3 C cornmeal to it. It’s one of my favorite summer desserts.
- What does your kitchen say about what you cook?
- Good news! If you weren’t the “cool kid” in school, that may be a good thing
- Um, yum! Blueberry Quinoa Salad
- Run all the way around the world
- The story behind Tupperware
- Why we should be eating ginger
- Kind of creepy… China builds knock-offs of famous cities
- Russian photographers show how birds see the world – just gorgeous!
- Brown butter tart with berries
- It’s true… we walk differently when we text. Not good.
- DIY wood cake stand. Genius.
- Do you gentrify your neighborhood?
- Clever…. soapsicles!
- 4 gifts we’re given when we suffer
- Strawberry tamales? Yes, please.
- Skinny jeans are over?
- On social media making it seem like everyone is happier than they really are
- Peppermint coffee sugar scrub
- 19 ways to ween yourself off packaged sugar
- 106 container garden ideas
- Fresh lemonade by the glass
- Make a Bible journal
- Craving crushing chocolate shake
- I want to try this olive oil and lemon juice from Trader Joe’s
- These citrus-inspired DIY tea towels are adorable! I’m thinking… Christmas gifts!