“There are horses in the field! What should we do?” came the text from my new not-from-the-country neighbor at 6:50 in the morning. Obviously, she was more than just a little freaked out. So… good neighbor that I am, I texted her back a little […]
Month: October 2015
When I was in college, my dad gave me a check at the beginning of each semester, and it was my job to use it wisely. The check was meant to pay for my tuition, books, housing/rent, food and car. Well, after I got a […]
Raise your hand if you’ve you ever felt inundated, confused and distracted. If you could see me right now, you’d probably see me jumping up and down waving my hands violently like I’m stranded on a desert island and need rescue.
No. Not really. I mean, no, I’m not jumping up and down waving my hands, because then I wouldn’t be able to type these sentences.
But yes, in some ways I’m stranded on a desert island and need rescue.
We all do.
We all need to get off our own personal island of things to do and “it’s all about me” and be rescued from our self-centeredness by a God that can handle every little bit of it. Every leaky pipe, every surly child, every cancer diagnosis, every relationship problem, every car repair, every overwhelming problem at work…
ALL of it. Every single thing we can comprehend, God can, has, and will take care of it.
So often when things overwhelm us, there’s too much going on in our heads for us to hear God’s promise loud and clear:
Distractions? Unable to make sense of it all? Doubt? Not sleeping? Unsettled in your stomach, spirit or heart? SO not the truth…
Unwavering peace? That’s TRUTH.
May this week be one of certainty, peace and truth for you. Cast all your doubts aside and rest in the One who is greater! Blessings!
- My favorite – butternut anything, but this butternut squash tart looks divine…
- How to make better pasta
- I don’t know why I never put two and two together… homemade pectin stock.. now I know what to do with all my leftover apple peelings
- Ultimate green smoothie
- Listen to these short podcasts every day for one week to help you de-stress
- Beautiful photos of rain drops
- This sausage & cherry pasta intrigues me…
- If you’re a PC user, and recently updated to Windows 10, here are some hacks you need to know about
- BOOKS! HOME LIBRARIES!!
- My children aren’t that great. Read it. You know it’s true…
- How to get rid of bad breath without gum or a toothbrush
- No matter how old your kids are… parenting is hard, but it should be….
- If you’re on your computer at night, get F.lux and it will dim the screen to allow you better sleep
- How to choose the right candidate based on your views? Take this quiz at OnTheIssues.org to match the right candidate with your values and priorities
- (Better for you) ice creams you can find in your grocery store
- Countries where people eat the most meat
- What happened when one college stopped required standardized test scores
- How to overcome that “standing at the front door” social awkwardness
- Cauliflower toast melts look… amazing and like the perfect healthy(ish) comfort food
- Neuroscientist comes up with the most uplifting playlist ever
- Not giving up and moving forward – definitely needed a dose of this…
- Dieting… it’s all in your gut. Literally.
- National Geographic;s 2015 photography winners – stunning!
- How Southern is this? Chick-Fil-A’s sweet tea vinaigrette
- Where is the cast of the BBC’s Pride & Prejudice after 20 years?
- There’s a 50/50 chance our first frost of the year will be October 27… check this site to see yours
- How the brain maps memories
- People do judge you at first glance; here’s what they judge you on…
- How your garden can help teach you about life
- This made me laugh… Disney princesses as hot dogs
- Interview with Chef Jacques Pepin
- 7 natural ways to help sleep
- Brene Brown’s one trick to help every relationship
- 7 bad speaking habits you need to break right now
- Love this Queen Bee mug
- Lysa TerKeurst on “Remember Who You Are…” good advice for our kids… and ourselves
- Homemade cream cheese
- How we sanitize our stories to make life “easier”