My goodness! It has been a long, long time since I’ve managed a post. Since my last post, my 2 day a week job has turned in to a little bit more, and it’s been all I can do just to keep my laundry done and clean sheets on the bed. I might have said it before, but after 18 or so years of managing a life built around homeschool, it’s been a challenge to readjust my schedule to not be home as much. Fortunately, I’m able to do creative things – photography, web design, small publication design – so the little artist in me is happy, but writing and painting and reading have been sacrificed a bit in the process, sadly.
Still, it could be worse, you know?
The other day I was irritated by some minor complaint and was self-justifying it. Then not 10 minutes later, my daughter shared some minor complaint and I went into full-bore “parent mode” about “why she should be grateful” and “look at the positives” and “count your blessings.”
Like the Charlie Brown teacher… BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!
It was one of those epiphany moments for me that just like I could see the good side of what she was going through, God must feel the same way about me and all my (many) complaints.
Notes to self:
Life really is good.
So choose to look at it that way.
More often than not.
And with that, let me wish you a fantastic week! A week full of seeing the positives in spite of the negatives. A week of laughter through the tears and doubts. A week of living your life for Him, and not for you.
Here are your Monday things to get you started on the right track:
- Need ideas for gifts? Here’s something for your favorite book lover…
- I love miniature cakes and this white chocolate espresso cake is just perfect for a small celebration..
- 7 tips from people with really clean houses
- 3 tips for overcoming the fear of being “found out”
- We’ve been putting on our perfume all wrong
- Lots of great cleaning tips from around the world
- Healthy carrot cake bites
- Salted peanut butter & honey ice cream – that’s health(ier) for you!
- How to make more time for reading. I needed this, because I love to read more than I love to eat, but I can always find time to eat. 😉
- Valentine’s kisses from the animal kingdom
- Coffee flour! Whaaaaaa?
- Reframe how you view small talk
- Spicy orange soba noodles – on my menu for this week…
- Be healthier by following these 14 tips, especially #14 🙂
- Um, yeah… sneeze into the crook of your elbow. Please!
- I rarely drink sodas anymore, but Coke and Pepsi are okay with that…
- I need to get some more patterned shirts because I am lazy and and I like button-downs
- I’m a big fan of OK GO, as much for their music as for their amazingly fun and innovative videos, like their newest one
- I’m already loving bullet journaling, so these supplies to Bible journal are definitely in my wheelhouse!
- Maybe I should change the font here… find out why
- My daughter bought me this book for Christmas and it’s changed the way I think about all the “stuff”
- Victoria Beckham is my hero (just for today) with these simple, & casual outfits. I think even Audrey Hepburn would approve!
- How to clean and detoxify your colon in 21 days without all the pricey pills and juices
- Don’t throw away used tea bags
- Even though I’m always cold, I really like cold coffee. I can vouch for Pioneer Woman’s cold brew recipe being just the perfect recipe, except I use plain old Bounty paper towels to strain it.