Have you ever heard of Dale Chihuly? He’s an artist that makes the most fabulous glass pieces. You may have seen his lobby ceiling in the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas, or seen his botanical gardens in Atlanta, NYC, Dallas, Nashville or St. Louis. I first saw his one of his permanent exhibitions in Atlanta, but then I was in his hometown of Tacoma a few years ago, and his imprint is unmistakably all over the city. Recently, I was in St. Pete, FL for my niece’s wedding and we had a little time to visit his museum there. Every room had something different and unique and completely unexpected in it. Each room had some piece that blew my mind with how intricate and difficult it must have been to create. Each design started as sand, and then was super-heated until it was a molten blob of glass. And then, under a master’s touch, it became something utterly different that the one before or after. It became inspired and unique, and incredible.
And then, I realized that each of us is like that. We start as the most basic and raw material, but under God’s expertise and care, we’re shaped into… well… more. Someone that nobody else can be. Someone that is beautiful in our own right.
Beautiful because we were created to reflect the master’s hand.
Don’t ever forget that.
Where we started isn’t where we end up, because His hand is still molding and shaping us to be more than we are at this moment.
Today, and every day, the work of art that is YOU is of infinitesimal value.
How would your life be different today if you lived like your value had no bounds?
- What cellulite is and what to do about it
- Chocolate cake batter protein shake
- roasted cauliflower with brown butter lime – some of my favorite things
- Healthy cake batter bites because you can never have enough cake batter in your life.
- I love these DIY ping-pong ball lights
- 2016 trends in home decor
- Shed redo – greenhouse and sauna!
- The airlines keep changing their points systems and now it looks like Starbucks is changing theirs too…
- Hug your kids, hug your loved ones… Jacob Wetterling’s mom writes him a birthday letter 26 years after his disappearance
- 17 apps that may help you – I use several already and I love them
- One of those apps is Memrise, like Duolingo, but more…
- This video is really interesting… 56 year old man is “interviewed” by his 18 year old self
- 12 signs you might have thyroid issues
- Maybe Pink Floyd was on to something….?
- Generic drugs really are a cost savings and just as good
- I think maybe even I could manage this DIY outdoor sideboard
- Are you highly self-controlled? If so, you might be doing a disproportionate share of work…
- Bone broth is the new green juice, and here’s a recipe. Of course, you can always just make some soup with it too…
- Bacon Pineapple Brie nachos – how come the weirdest pairings make the most delicious foods?
- Do you use essential oils? This diffuser is the bomb
- Because my son washed and dried the wool sweater he got for his birthday…. how to unshrink your sweater
- Planning a trip is much easier with Trip Hobo because you can make and save your itinerary with all the cool maps and reviews to boot
- One of my favorite parts of spring is to watch “bird clouds.”
- These are the cutest dog collars I’ve ever seen
- Every woman turns into her mother… just, wow…
- Only 26 days til Spring!!!
- Can you eat too much healthy fat?
- Ice stacking… literally, waves of ice on Lake Superior
0 thoughts on “Monday Mondays 2.22.16”
Wonderful. I truly believe that we are a work of art, and that we were made to create.
This is a great music video about that by Michael Card: