I’ve been gone from this web space for a while, partly because of time constrictions, partly because of travel, and well, partly because some things in my heart have needed time to unwrinkle. I may or may not share some of the heart stuff with you in the future, but you’ll definitely be seeing and hearing about the travels! I took over 2000 photos though, and I need to organize them, so… it might be a while!
Our 2nd son has been stationed in Europe with the Air Force for the past couple years, and we’ve encouraged him to see and do and experience all he can while he’s stationed there. Fortunately for him, and unfortunately for us, he’s taken us up on that, and we haven’t seen him in almost 2 years. Until just last month when we flew over there and did! During those 2 years, he was deployed to the Middle East, and visited several countries both by himself and with friends. He even met my sister-in-law and niece in Paris one weekend!
Anyway, we just got back last week and for some reason I thought I’d be able to kick jetlag in the backside. Instead, it kicked me to the Nth degree! I’m just happy I’m sleeping until 4:30-5 now instead of waking up at 2 a.m.!!!
We did have a spectacular time with our son, who, it seems to me, grew another inch and added a lot of muscle. We visited 4 countries, ate so much fantastic food, walked a good 7+ miles almost every day (on top of the 4 miles I ran most days!), met some incredibly wonderful people, and saw absolutely gorgeous scenery in almost every direction.
The important thing though?
With that said, let’s start our Monday with peoples’ top 5 regrets:
- Top 5 regrets people have before they die
- Get more closet space without renovating
- I’m a bit of an Anglophile, hence, I love these very British expressions
- Vegan “Cheeto” chickpeas
- Household habits from around the world
- No bake granola fruit bars
- Interesting article on why we shouldn’t necessarily discount white bleached flour
- 98% of the world basically eats just five foods: wheat, rice, corn, soybeans, and palm oil. A book about the loss of our favorite foods.
- Indian dhal looks healthy and delicious
- Scientists may have found that it IS possible to retrieve Alzheimer’s patients’ “lost” memories
- How to half anything in cooking
- Homemade ‘Poo-pouri” spray
- Vietnamese Chicken Pho… one of my favorite chicken soups!
- How to eliminate sugar from your diet in 21 days
- A trick for juicing lemons without the seeds getting in the way
- How the Zamboni became a Zamboni
- Simple steps to remake your happiness factor
- Life lessons – what would yours be?
- Most expensive home for sale in each state
- About liberal bias. From the New York Times…
- Natural ways to get rid of weeds
- 17 meals that take under 20 minutes
- Yep, Amazon is taking over the world…
- Here’s a brainteaser for you…
- Stop getting so hung up on changing your body
- Mom/Photographer creates costumes for her kids and then… the result is magical
- As Americans, we value hard work and persistence. But what about luck?
- Four cheese (Quatro Formaggi) pizza is A-MAZ-ING!!!
- Burger King opens a spa in Finland?!?
- I love Amanda Peet. Her essay on Botox and aging…
- Brush lettering is all the rage now… simple tips on how to start
- How cool is this for home decorating? Create your own fabric.
- Being purposeful in your work