It’s college football season! My favorite season of the year. Well, if we’re talking real seasons, that would be Spring, but otherwise, I could watch college football all day every day. I’m not an LSU fan, or a Boise State fan, but I pay attention to them.
I don’t really know. But I do.
I’m never ever going to be a defensive lineman, although, I hope in Heaven I get to be one for a day! But I really, really, REALLY like the sport. Unlike NFL there seems to be so much more at stake each week. Rankings, division championships, opportunities for players to change the lives of their families… it just seems to have more heart than the NFL, I think.
And I’m all about heart. When a player has an injury but then goes back in on 3rd and 4 to make that first down?
And when a team is facing a 31 point deficit going into halftime, but comes back in the 2nd half to win it?
It takes a certain focus to keep your mind in the game, to avoid the distractions of the crowd and opposing players. It takes fortitude to execute the play like it was practiced, even if the game isn’t unfolding the way it was envisioned.
Sometimes the game plan is derailed by the opponent, but to get back on track?
Fortunately, although we may fail, God never does. He is our portion, and our heart.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
May your heart be full of His mercy and grace this week. And may your favorite team dominate! 😉
- 11 habits of successful people
- Ever since I read Michael Crichton’s Timeline, I’ve been fascinated by quantum physics. A new equation is going to tie it all together…
- Because basil is amazing… basil vinaigrette
- Mistakes you’re making when you make smoothies
- How to say difficult things without ruining the relationship
- And because PB & J is awesome… PB & J cookies
- Anyone that can travel A LOT is someone I admire – tips on how to afford travel
- Your dog understands more than you think…
- Avocado grilled cheese sandwiches. Be still my heart.
- IMDB categorizes movie characters by their Myers-Briggs personality types – guess which one I am…
- When you think you’re not doing something important, God’s doing something important in you
- 16 year old’s Instagram photos are stunning
- Are you doing things to be loved or because you’re loved?
- Remind others of their worth with this t-shirt
- My favorite pasta dish turned into a pizza!!! ;-D
- Modern day Haachi story – dutiful dog waits for owner
- Tips for organizing your kitchen so it’s easier to cook
- Have you been folding things wrong all this time
- 21 job interview questions designed to trick you
- Teaching 9-11 to students who weren’t alive
- Why your sleep position matters
- White rice is bad for you
- Beekeeping provides ex-prisoners a chance to make a difference
- I love these inspirational printables
- What’s trending on Amazon this week
- Parsley skin mask… hmm… intriguing….