Lately, I’ve been letting my creative juices flow in other areas besides my blog. I’ve made a few small decorating changes to my home, although, they weren’t quick by any measure, worked on a painting of my dogs, done a little sewing here and there, and spent some long overdue time organizing our Europe pictures into books, some slide shows, and even a few fun little things. I’ve got about 4 blog posts mostly finished, but it seems like when I show up here, I tend to start and end with these Monday posts. Probably because I spend way too much time on the internet looking at things I really shouldn’t be spending time looking at.
Does that ever happen to you?
I mean, someone tells me that they used to annually visit “Eugene,” a homeless, mummified body that was kept on display in a small Ohio in the hope that someone would recognize and identify him, and next thing I know, I’m researching it for an untold and unnecessary period of time. But that’s just one (rather odd) example. Because I waste more time looking at things I don’t need to look at on the W.W.W. and probably need to spend more time cleaning my baseboards or something more productive.
There’s always a silver lining to everything though, so in this instance I choose to think that:
- One of these days I’ll use my vast and bizarre knowledge on Jeopardy
- I’ll actually have some random factoid I can amaze my children with, because while I’m not exactly stupid, my children think I am
- I might get all 6 pieces of the pie collected a little sooner next time I play Trivial Pursuit
One of those is definitely going to happen, just when, and which… who knows?
All that to say, I’ve rounded up a few interesting – and maybe not so interesting – tidbits for you to read this Monday. Have at it and maybe you’ll be able to impress someone you know with a bit of knowledge this week!
- Trying to decide to go out or stay in?
- Best ways to freeze your food
- 20 ways to use epsom salts around the house – wash your hair? Who knew?
- This shirt is me in every way
- What to do if you lose your phone while traveling
- How Waffle House helps with recovery efforts during a natural disaster
- What the M’s stand for in M & M’s
- More and more are deciding that they don’t like motherhood
- The one lie you should tell while traveling
- Jimmy Stewart drew on his PTSD while filming “It’s a Wonderful Life”
- Handy dandy list of free wifi passwords in airports around the world
- It’s that time of year again… slow cooker apple cider
- This is what pure joy looks like
- This is one after my own heart – an architect breaks down McMansion features
- Colleges use DJ’s to get students in the stands at football games. Um, what about dropping the price of tickets?
- Emily Freeman has a way of saying what I need to hear. I’m pretty sure this was meant for me… and maybe you too….
- While I’m a big fan of the bullet journal, I like this idea for prioritizing my “to-do” list
- How to get sharp photos when shooting wide open
- 11 plants that grow well in low light
- 99 underrated feelings most of us have in life
- A bike path that is charged by the sun so it illuminates at night
- Do your joints crack? What causes those pops
- Gluten free pumpkin bread
- YES! Hosting a crappy dinner party. In other words, enjoy the company and don’t stress over making it perfect.
- This wedding had Disney-inspired table settings
- Italian lemon pound cake
- What classic food pairs with your personality type?
- Turn your bathroom into a personal spa with these DIY recipes
- Chain restaurants are struggling
- We don’t all eat french fries with ketchup… how the world eats them
- We use words to communicate with others, but why do we need them to think? Wrap your brain around this one…
- The case for – and against – designing with books. (Count me as for.)
- All this connectedness… and it’s becoming harder to unplug
0 thoughts on “monday mondays 10.10.16”
Hi, Christine. I miss your posts. I hope you are well. Please write more soon.
Thank you Andrea! It was good to hear from you and so nice of you to say. I’ll try to post more in the future 😉