It’s been a fun couple of weeks around here with a new puppy, although, my hands look like they’ve been mutilated by a miniature vampire, all those puppy bites! The puppy, who might have a name soon, after almost 20 days without a name (other than Puppy) is causing the grumpy old dog to exercise more. And eat less. It’s almost more challenging bringing a puppy home to an older dog than having one child then adding another; the old dog is MUCH more jealous and put out, I think.
Still… cuteness and laughter are never overrated, and puppies are cuteness and laughter almost 24/7…
I’ve been a little absent from the blog lately, having done some maintenance on it. During that time, I’ve decided to switch how it’s hosted, so I may be down for a bit longer while I rework some of the site.
Alas, all I had time to put together recently are the Monday things I collected over the past week or so.
I’ll see you soon though…
- I think I might be happy, based on these 14 things happy people do in their homes
- 5 body language mistakes in interviews, but it could apply in lots of other situations
- Here’s a food fight that would smell divine
- Chocolate cherry cookies from the wonderful David Lebovitz
- Interesting article about how religion and analytical thinking don’t cancel each other out
- Bald Eagles fight the snow to protect their eggs
- Paralyzed marine walks after 33 years… sob
- Ever wonder if that dressing room has a 2-way mirror? How to tell
- Afghani women take a stand against dress codes – hooray!
- Hilarious parody of how a mother would’ve handled children interrupting TV interview!
- Although I haven’t seen Beauty & The Beast yet, I can’t wait to… all about the set design
- Lego tape!!!
- I like this idea of direct primary care instead of insurance. With deductibles sky-high, it seems like a viable alternative.
- How becoming a mother caused one woman to rethink feminism
- Japanese water treatment… no, not torture, but drinking water first thing in the morning can treat a whole host of ailments
- April the Giraffe still hasn’t had her baby… sigh… why we wait and watch